“The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.” Maya Angelou
There is no better feeling than helping a family get back to a structured, stable life and eventually returning to a place that they can call home…their home.
There are volunteer opportunities for young and old and for any level of commitment.
Some of the ways you can help:
- Serve dinner
- Do community service projects
- Hold a yard sale, a bake sale or other event
- Provide holiday meals
- Adopt a family for the holidays
- Be an evening host, cook a meal or dessert
- Help with homework.
- Review a resume
- Talk about employment options
- Deliver furniture
- Volunteer at events
- Donate your good condition, unwanted vehicle
- Make a tax-deductible donation
- Volunteer in the day center
- Donate professional services
- Play games
- Have a conversation or just listen